As a water based product, no Hydro-mulch can be applied in freezing conditions or when the likely hood is that temperatures will drop to below freezing after application. If a risk exists where temperatures will fall to below freezing after application or a risk of higher than normal sheer stresses prior to seed germination, Terra Shield added to Flex-Terra will assist in the bonding of FGM to the soil surface.
New at the end of 2016, ProPlus® Terra-Shield™ MPT
This is a novel agronomic innovation from Profile Products—formulated from proprietary, inorganic mineral particles containing highly absorbent micro-pores. When incorporated into the highly viscous slurries of Profile advanced hydraulic erosion control matrices, Terra-Shield provides an added layer of erosion protection while increasing water retention. This patent-pending formulation is designed to be used with Flexterra® Flexible Growth Medium™ (FGM™). Terra-Shield helps takes these “Gold Standard” erosion control products to even higher thresholds of performance.
Specify Terra-Shield on challenging sites such as long, steep slopes or as a TRM infill—where erosion protection and vegetative establishment are critical. Its micro-pore technology absorbs erosive forces and moisture—to help create the ultimate erosion control matrix.
Use Your “Shield” to Fend Off Erosion
Terra-Shield™ fortifies Profile Flexterra® FGM™ matrices with inorganic particles that greatly enhance their patented, cross-linked chemistry. The result is a stronger cover to shield exposed soil from erosive forces. In testing, Terra- Shield has been proven to:
- Increase wet fiber matrix bond strength by > 50%
- Provide > 99% effectiveness in reducing erosion versus a bare soil control during a > 7 in/hr rain event on a 2.5H:1V slope over a one hour duration
- Extend effective slope length recommendations for Flexterra by > 50%
- Increase the shear resistance of the unvegetated GreenArmor™ 7020 System by > 15%
Micro-Pore Technology Provides More Moisture for Improved Vegetative Establishment
When Terra-Shield is added to the matrix, its micro-pore technology improves seed germination and plant establishment by increasing moisture retention. In testing, Terra-Shield has been proven to:
- Increase total water held within the matrix by > 10%
- Reduce soil surface evaporation by up to 20%
- Increase growth establishment of the industry leading Flexterra FGM matrix