In Spring 2017 Hydro-flex were commissioned in a joint venture with Lagan Construction and London City Airport to carry out the Landscaping and seeding of the entire airside area after a runway overlay project had been completed. The works commenced in April and lasted over a 12 x week period predominantly working whilst the airport was closed at night and covered the entire 17ha Airside area and involved the following:
- Importation and spreading of 2000 ton of top soil and then re-landscaping the areas affected by the runway overlay works
- Removal and filling of 230 x redundant electrical service pits adjacent to the main runway and taxiways.
- Spraying all 17ha Airfield areas with Glyphosate to remove weed growth
- Cutting/ clearing all previously sprayed areas.
- Stone burying and de-compacting where necessary
- Seeding 2 x ha of Flex-Terra within high blast Coded areas and 15 x ha of seeding of non- critical areas.
Once the project was completed, we carried out an irrigation programme to ensure swift germination as the weather warmed up entering the Summer season. Further updates will be posted with pictures showing the growth in the future.