Advantages of Flexterra Hydraulically applied high blast protection include:
- Faster/ quicker and cheaper than conventional pins/ batons and Netlon
- Biodegradable product that requires no removal of pins and batons on germination
- Sets/ cures within a 2 hour window.
- No more grass growing through Netlon causing a potential FOD issue when grass cutting
- No more baton break-up causing FOD issues.
- 400% improvement on seed germination over conventional drilling.
- Superior moisture retention characteristics.
- Bird Deterrent qualities – Flexterra’s ingredients are palatably distasteful to birds ensuring that minimum bird activity occurs in high blast areas treated with Flex-Terra as opposed to conventional drilling methods thereby aiding in CAP 772 compliance.
- Immediately effective upon application—bonds directly to soil
- Superior erosion control—99% effective at multiple large-scale testing laboratories
- Excellent functional longevity that lasts through grow-in
- Ideal for dormant seeding and long-term protection in arid climates
- Less soil preparation, faster lay down and lower installed cost than rolled blankets
- Faster vegetative establishment and greater biomass production than any rolled blanket or hydraulically applied mulch available
- Minimizes soil loss and turbidity of effluent runoff
- Proven to be completely environmentally friendly.
These products are applied at thicknesses ranging from 2mm to 5mm depending on the severity of the blast area. In basic hydroseeding, mulch is used simply as a carrier to transport seed. However, in hydraulic high blast protection it is the mulch itself which initially holds the key protection properties during the establishment of the seed.
Flexterra® HP-FGM™ Product Details
- 99% Effective at reducing soil loss compared to standard mulches
- Effective on slopes to 1:0.25
- Surpasses performance of all other hydraulically applied mulches and rolled blankets
- Faster vegetative establishment than rolled blankets
- 100% recycled and non-toxic
- Is non-toxic to aquatic and terrestrial life forms as verified via EPA 2021.0 protocol
- Contains no excessive heavy metals as verified by US EPA Standard Methods 18th Edition
- Exhibits effluent runoff turbidity values less than 100 NTU, well below proposed EPA Effluent Limitation Guidelines (ELGs)
- Has no nets or threads to endanger wildlife and disrupt maintenance activities, a common hazard with many rolled erosion control blankets
Setting the bar even higher
Better Erosion Control—Flexterra® HP-FGM™ immediately bonds to the soil
surface. Its flexible yet stable matrix retains > 99% of soil, vastly reducing turbidity of runoff for up to 18 months.
Greater Seed Germination and Growth—High Performance matrix outperforms
traditional Flexterra FGM with 600% better initial germination and 250% increased
biomass due to a combination of optimized water and nutrient retention.
Safer for the Environment—Unlike rolled erosion control blankets,
Flexterra HP-FGM has no nets or threads to endanger wildlife. It uses 100%
biodegradable crimped interlocking fibers and 100% recycled and phyto-sanitized wood fibers. Flexterra HP-FGM is 100% safe for aquatic and terrestrial life forms.
Earth-Friendly and Sustainable Results—Flexterra HP-FGM is a result of Profile’s
Green Design Engineering™, creating cost-effective and environmentally superior
solutions through the design, manufacture and application of sustainable erosion control and vegetation establishment technologies